Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Speedy Trial

From: Jeremy Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 10:21:29 -0700

Boker tov bitcoin devs,

A mechanism of soft-forking against activation exists.  What more do you
> want?

Agreed -- that should be enough.

> Are we supposed to write the code on behalf of this hypothetical group of
> users who may or may not exist for them just so that they can have a node
> that remains stalled on Speedy Trial lockin?
>
That simply isn't reasonable, but if you think it is, I invite you to
> create such a fork.

Disagree.

It is a reasonable ask.

I've done it in about 40 lines of python:
https://github.com/jeremyrubin/forkd

Merry Christmas Jorge, please vet the code carefully before running.

Peace,

Jeremy